Friday, April 15, 2016

01 Nov 2009 Sacred Red-Tailed Hawk Aerie 01

01 Nov 2009 Sacred Red-Tailed Hawk Aerie 01 ~ Yes, one day at Circle Sanctuary Nature Preserve I spotted both the red-tailed hawk and its nest at the same time.  One of the most serendipitous 71 seconds possible.  I took a distant photo of the nest, the hawk landed, the hawk took off into flight again, and the hawk soared.  In slightly more than a minute’s time, four photos show the feat.

Circle Sanctuary Nature Preserve, Wisconsin, USA

01 Nov 2009 Sacred Red-Tailed Hawk Aerie 01 © Nicholas Sea

1 comment:

  1. Notice in this photo that there is no sign of the hawk on the branches around the nest. My memory is sketchy regarding how this moment came together for me. I may have heard the hawk call, turned and looked, saw the nest and took a photo. Then the hawk was there in motion and I kept clicking.

    ReplyDelete