Saturday, July 30, 2016

13 Apr 2004 Deer Trail Down To The Creek

13 Apr 2004 Deer Trail Down To The Creek ~ I have always followed the stag and Herne; look at the license plate on my car.  Thanks to Al, one of the Circle Patrol members over the years, I began to seek out more and more deer sign when I visit the land.  Lately, it is mostly on Samhain that I am out to Circle, which is the time of the rut.  Stag rubs and hoof markings are found throughout the land.  This photo shows one of the deer trails coming down from Ritual Mound to the creek.  There is a matching trail on the other side of the creek.  Some shrines are mobile and ephemeral; the King Stag territorial markings and paths are one of these.

Circle Sanctuary Nature Preserve, Wisconsin, USA

13 Apr 2004 Deer Trail Down To The Creek © Nicholas Sea

1 comment:

  1. I took this photo on my way out to visit the old sweat lodge area. During the early Spring, the deer trails are particularly visible.

    ReplyDelete